Eggless Chocolate Brownies




It seems I am posting after a long time and still I was madly busy since January end, what kept me away from my blog for so long was my Mac Pro which was off to service center and they promised me to get it fixed within a week but prolonged the issue for 10 days or so but that does not mean I am anti Apple now, no ways!!! I am a loyal Apple customer and continue to be.


But all this while when I was not blogging I was busy with events, reviews, recipe testing and packing, yes packing for a good long holiday to my hometown, which I am visiting after one and a half year, so we both are pretty excited about the trip.


Though I was missing the sharing recipes with my readers but lot exciting was happening around, the most thrilling was to meet my blogging inspiration Deeba Rajpal (www.passionateaboutbaking.com) in person, few days back she was in Bangalore for the pre launch of HIGH Ultra Lounge and there I met her and what a coincidence that one day prior to that Nirlep announced their Sweet ChristmasShowdown Contest Winner, which is obviously me and Deeba was the judge.


From time to time my readers keep on requesting for eggless baking recipes which are not so frequent at my place until and unless I am baking for somebody who does not eat eggs. Few days back one of my husband's colleague came for dinner and she is pakka Marwari but she loves to get indulged in chocolate deserts so I baked these eggless brownies for her and the brownies were so decadent that she not only asked for the recipe but got the leftover brownie packed for herself.


While baking brownies few things always play crucial role, first try to use good quality chocolate as it is going to define the taste and texture of brownie and also do not bake brownies for too like, if the tester comes out with little crumbs it is absolutely fine, nobody minds a little gooey and fudgy brownie rather than dry and cake like brownie.


Recipe: Eggless Chocolate Brownie
Recipe Adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor’s Cakes & Bakes

Yield: 16 Brownies

Ingredients
100g dark chocolate, chopped
130g unsalted butter, softened
1 ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Milk, at room temperature
1 Cup Caster Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp instant coffee powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp Chocolate Essence
⅓ Cup chopped walnuts

Method:
Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler (see here). Once the chocolate and butter melted set aside and stir nicely with a spatula to make sure the mixture is smooth and lump free.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and coffee powder together in a separate bowl.
In the melted chocolate beat in sugar, vanilla, chocolate essence for 3 - 4 minutes at low speed.
Alternatively mix in sifted flour, walnuts and milk until all moistened and combined well. Do not mix the batter for too long.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease an 8 inch square tin and line with a parchment paper.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve hot with vanilla ice cream.


Thanks for stopping by
Hina

3 comments:

Thanks for taking time out and sharing your views with us.

Related Recipes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...